The apparent operator of the bot tweeted at Chang, accusing him of theft: "We would like to discuss a bounty with you. We are offering a 10% bounty of any funds stolen from our bot, which are yours to keep if you return the remaining 90%." In other tweets they suggested they might try to take legal action against Chang for the "theft".
Revolut had previously been one of the crypto platforms to limit US trading in Solana, Cardano, and Polygon tokens after the SEC identified those tokens as securities in lawsuits against Binance and Coinbase.
The platform later partnered with other companies to produce NFT collections for franchises including The Matrix and Game of Thrones, the latter of which featured hilariously bad artwork. The company then pivoted to a broader web3 focus as the NFT bubble collapse led the broader crypto downturn.
However, their promised web3 platform never materialized, and now the project has reached "the end of [its] runway".
Nifty's is not to be confused with Nifty Gateway, a separate NFT platform run by the embattled Gemini crypto platform.
The project was audited by SolidProof and InterFi. The project announced that they intended to relaunch the token, and asked the exploiter to consider returning 80% of the funds, keeping 20% as a "bug bounty".
One such service is LeetSwap, which describes itself as the "The #1 DEX ecosystem for elite degens built on the leetest blockchains", and which recently launched its service on Base. On August 1, LeetSwap was exploited after an attacker discovered a function that allowed them to manipulate token prices on the project for a profit of around 342 ETH (~$624,000).
LeetSwap attempted to contact the hacker via social media, asking them to return all but 50 ETH (~$92,000, or around 15% of the stolen funds).
Someone intending to transfer Tether stablecoins amounting to $20 million apparently didn't think it was important to double-check the address, and fell for such an attack.
However, only 51 minutes after the theft, the victim had managed to get Tether to add the thief's address to its blacklist, freezing the assets and thwarting the attack. The rapidity of the freeze led various people to question who the victim might be who could get Tether to intervene so quickly.
- "Tether Freezes $20 Million Linked To Phishing Scammer", CryptoPotato
A pseudonymous crypto user called "Bald" announced that they would be selling $BALD tokens on the Base network, and the token — apparently named after the hairless Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong — quickly skyrocketed in price. However, the token deployer emptied tokens priced at around $25.6 million from the liquidity pool two days after launch in apparent rug pull. The token price quickly plunged by around 90%.
Conspiracy theories emerged that the Bald account was in fact operated by Sam Bankman-Fried, the former CEO of FTX who is on house arrest under strict supervision and without access to most websites as he awaits trial later this year.
In addition to the unregistered offerings charge, the SEC alleges Heart and PulseChain misappropriated $12.1 million to fund Heart's lavish lifestyle. Among other things, he purchased a McLaren sports car, five luxury watches, and a $4.3 million 555-carat black diamond called "Enigma", allegedly using funds from the sale.
Curve itself lost $61 million to the exploit. AlchemixFi was exploited for around $13 million in assets, and JPEG'd suffered a $11 million loss. MetronomeDAO suffered a $1.6 million loss, Ellipsis Finance lost $68,600, and Debridge Finance lost around $24,600.
Altogether, somewhere between $88 million and $100 million was taken, though some exploits appeared to be whitehat actions intended to preserve funds. The primary exploiter also later returned some of the stolen funds, refunding the entire amount to AlchemixFi and 90% of funds to JPEG'd in exchange for a 10% "bug bounty".
Blockchain security firm SolidProof had audited Kannagi in June.