There was some irony in BAYC requiring their buyers to reveal their identities only a month after some of the BAYC founders' identities were revealed by a journalist (who made the connection based on publicly-available information), which made the BAYC team and many of their supporters absolutely irate.
Bored Apes team asks people to verify their identities for their next project, shortly after making a stink about their own identities being revealed
NFT collector accidentally sells their rock for close to $0 instead of over $1 million
Entrepreneurs resuscitate 20-year-old piracy powerhouse LimeWire to turn it into a totally legitimate NFT marketplace, they promise
Pirate X Pirate blockchain gaming platform exploited, blames its team's "utter carelessness"
A trader ends up owing $3600 after an exchange mistakenly deposits 10 Bitcoin in their account
NFT project created and endorsed by various English footballers plunges in value, players try to quietly delete endorsements
The plummeting price is not the only problem the project has faced; shortly after Terry announced the project in January, he was threatened with legal action by the Premier League, and had to remove depictions of Premier League, UEFA and FA trophies, as well as the Chelsea logo, from the NFT illustrations.
Bug in Fantasm Finance allows multiple exploiters to take more than $2.6 million
Crypto.com gives borrowers in some jurisdictions a week to pay back their loans
Reddit users from the UK, Germany, France, and Switzerland reported receiving the email, and those countries now all appear on the 40-entry-long list of countries not permitted to use Crypto.com's lending services. One Reddit user wrote, "I have 7 days to pay a big loan, like big. If it gave us a month I could unstake and pay, but no, they give us 7 [days], I will get liquified and can't do anything for it." Other users were confused to receive the email when they didn't have any loans on the platform, as it was worded in a way that they interpreted to mean they did.
- "Crypto.com Tells Loan Customers in 'Excluded' Countries to Repay by March 15", CoinDesk
- Tweet thread by Bitfinexed
- "Just a week after the ‘Earn’ debacle, Crypto.com fucks up again by announcing that anyone with a Crypto Loan needs to repay it within 7 days – or be forcibly liquidated via funds in their Spot Wallet. What planet are these idiots living on?" from r/Crypto_com
Ormeus Coin founder charged with securities fraud for misrepresenting cryptomining operations and other assets
- "John Barksdale Charged With Cryptocurrency Securities Fraud In Connection With Sale Of Ormeus Coin", U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York
- SEC v. Barksdale
Founders of several 2017 cryptocurrency companies indicted for alleged theft of more than $40 million
- "Owners and Operators of Online Cryptocurrency Companies Indicted for Defrauding Investors", U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York