Open source contributors and advocates are surprised to find photographs of themselves being sold as NFTs
- "$8.2M Lost as Visor Finance Suffers Latest DeFi Hack", CryptoBriefing
Traders hoping to get in on the "Monkey Kingdom" NFT collection are duped by a scam link in the project's official Discord
Prominent comics artist says continuous theft of his work for use as NFTs may force him to close his DeviantArt gallery
Multiple artists report OpenSea automatically closing their support tickets reporting stolen artwork; OpenSea removes ability to report
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 receives so much fan pushback on planned NFTs that the studio scraps the idea within a day
NFT collector who owns the NFT associated with the Bored Ape artwork used in this site header would like me to stop using "their" ape
Melania Trump announces an NFT collection which will begin with a painting of her "cobalt blue eyes"
The project had an underwhelming reception, and the team quickly decided to reduce the supply of available NFTs from 6,500 to 2,000. Two days after launch, the funds were transferred out of the project wallet and to various addresses, including $400,000 which went to Correia. The project also deleted their website, Discord, and Twitter account that week.
Correia, for his part, has continued to post on his "Laurent BILLIONAIRE" Instagram account, where he shows off his private jet and tropical vacations with no mention of the Billionaire Dogs Club. His "NFT" Instagram story shows his pricey NFT purchases beginning on January 14.
Artist Loish searches her name on OpenSea and finds 132 NFTs created from her artwork without permission
A collection of NFTs seeks to profit off the murder of George Floyd, with no apparent connection to or approval from his family
The Seattle Kraken NHL team, whose home stadium is named the Climate Pledge Arena, raise eyebrows with an NFT release
Crowdfunding website Kickstarter announces it will abandon its current platform in favor of a blockchain implementation
- "Ubisoft's NFT Announcement Has Been Intensely Disliked", Kotaku
- "Gamer-hate: Ubisoft’s new NFT project video gets 96% dislike ratio", Cointelegraph
- "Ubisoft's first NFT plans make no sense", Ars Technica
- "Ubisoft Devs Don’t Understand Company’s NFT Push, Either", Kotaku
- "No One’s Buying Ubisoft’s Garbage Ghost Recon NFTs", Kotaku
WildWorks later split Cinder into a separate company, Cinder Studios. However, in early 2023, the studio shutdown, giving its employees no advance notice that they would soon be out of a job.
Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales angers some in the Wikimedia community by announcing he will be auctioning off an NFT representing the first ever edit
- "SEC Charges Latvian Citizen With Digital Asset Fraud", U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Either a rugpull or massive communication failure ends in disaster for most holders of SnowdogDAO's token
- "Avalanche’s first memecoin SDOG ends in a $30M possible rugpull", Cryptoslate
- "OlympusDAO Fork Snowdog Hit By 90% Crash", Crypto Briefing
- "SEC Charges Promoter with Conducting Cryptocurrency Investment Scams", U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission