Rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine releases a series of NFTs, only for the project not to deliver anything it promised
A tech startup aims to solve the real problem with the U.S. justice system: the lack of gambling involved
- "Inside the Realms of Ruin", TechCrunch
- "Realms Of Ruin Storytelling NFT Collapses After 5 Hours", GameByte
Successful exploit of the CreatureToadz NFT project briefly nets a poorly-disguised hacker 88 ETH (almost $350,000)
German government's blockchain-based ID wallet removed from app stores shortly after launch due to major issues
- "ID Wallet: The German government had long known about IT security vulnerabilities", Market Research Telecast
- "Konzeptionell kaputt und ein riesiger Rückschritt", Netzpolitik.org
Head of Product for major NFT platform, OpenSea, is asked to resign following allegations of NFT insider trading
GTV Media Group, a media company operated by Steve Bannon and Guo Wengui, pay $539 million settlement over ICO
- "SEC Charges Three Media Companies with Illegal Offerings of Stock and Digital Assets", U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- "SEC Charges Issuers and CEO for $18 Million Illegal Securities Offering", U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
So has El Salvador itself, assuming Bukele is telling the truth about his many claimed Bitcoin purchases. As of December 2022, Nayib Bukele has lost more than $67 million on those investments.
- "The NFT scammers are here", The Verge
A week after the hack, FTX extended a $120 million loan to the platform. In April 2022, FTX formally acquired Liquid for an undisclosed amount.
The US-based Poloniex was acquired in 2018 by Circle, then in late 2019 by an investment group that included Justin Sun. Sun moved Poloniex to the Seychelles and closed U.S. operations upon acquiring the platform.
The respondents agreed to a $12.8 million forfeiture of ill-gotten profits, plus a combined $250,000 penalty. The case marked a first from the SEC in the decentralized finance space.
DeviantArt releases software to detect infringement of artwork on NFT marketplaces... because the NFT marketplaces won't
Norton Antivirus now sneakily installs a crypto miner on your computer so you can mine crypto (and give some to them)
- "Belt Finance loses millions in latest BSC-based DeFi exploit", Cointelegraph
- "Belt", Rekt
- " SEC Charges U.S. Promoters of $2 Billion Global Crypto Lending Securities Offering", U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- SEC v. BitConnect