German government's blockchain-based ID wallet removed from app stores shortly after launch due to major issues
- "ID Wallet: The German government had long known about IT security vulnerabilities", Market Research Telecast
- "Konzeptionell kaputt und ein riesiger Rückschritt", Netzpolitik.org
Head of Product for major NFT platform, OpenSea, is asked to resign following allegations of NFT insider trading
GTV Media Group, a media company operated by Steve Bannon and Guo Wengui, pay $539 million settlement over ICO
- "SEC Charges Three Media Companies with Illegal Offerings of Stock and Digital Assets", U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- "SEC Charges Issuers and CEO for $18 Million IIIegal Securities Offering", U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- "The NFT scammers are here", The Verge
The respondents agreed to a $12.8 million forfeiture of ill-gotten profits, plus a combined $250,000 penalty. The case marked a first from the SEC in the decentralized finance space.
DeviantArt releases software to detect infringement of artwork on NFT marketplaces... because the NFT marketplaces won't
Norton Antivirus now sneakily installs a crypto miner on your computer so you can mine crypto (and give some to them)
- "Belt Finance loses millions in latest BSC-based DeFi exploit", Cointelegraph
- "Belt", Rekt
- " SEC Charges U.S. Promoters of $2 Billion Global Crypto Lending Securities Offering", U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- SEC v. BitConnect
Rumors swirl around what actually happened with DeFi100: a rug pull, or a simple website defacement?
- "Spartan Protocol exploit results in loss of $30M", Cointelegraph
.game, and even
.christmas. The April auction grossed more than $40 million, but as of mid-December the transactions had not been completed. This is because UNR attempted to add some marketing flair to the auction by including NFTs for each of the TLDs, to go to the auction winners. ICANN, the group responsible for much of the domain world, objected to and withheld consent for the transactions, writing "we sought to understand the impact of the transactions on the Domain Name System ('DNS'), including how Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) created on the Ethereum Name Service (ENS) were being used, and were involved in the transactions. ICANN repeatedly asked UNR for documentation or other information related to NFTs in the hopes that UNR would provide fulsome and complete responses."
- NFTs trip up Uniregistry's top level domain auctions, Domain Name Wire
- "Metakovan, the mystery Beeple art buyer, and his NFT/DeFi scheme", Amy Castor
- "JPG File Sells for $69 Million, as 'NFT Mania' Gathers Pace", The New York Times